• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tony Eury Jr.

HOF#13

Even as a Jr. fan, I have to ask....What in the sam H...E...double hockey sticks was Tony Eury Jr. thinking leaving Dale Jr. out there that long before his 2nd pit stop??? He did the same thing earlier in the race and it cost Jr. 5 positions on the track. This time the caution comes out, and a very realistic shot at the top 5 or better is gone.

All the other cars had pitted. He had a 25 second lead (but was losing about 1 second a lap to the other cars that had pitted), and still no pit stop. Just stupid! I like the guy, but this move completely baffles / concerns me!

From Yahoo:

I have to admit that Tony Eury Jr.'s gamble to keep Junior out while the rest of the field pitted was a gutsy move that would have paid off royally – had the caution flag not come out. By extending his lead over the second-place car, Junior would have had enough time to pit under green and then rejoin the field without losing valuable track position. It's the kind of gamble often used in F1 with great success. I applaud Eury for taking the gamble. Unfortunately, the caution came out and it stuck Junior at the back of the field and he never recovered.

The problem I have with that is....The strategy did work....for a few laps. Jr. was in 1st place and had a 25 second lead over 2nd place...BUT even when he started to lose time to the second place car he still stayed out for a number of laps and then the caution bit them.

Wouldn't it have made the most sense if you are using that strategy, to pit at the point there your lead over the second place car is the greatest, thus allowing you the best chance to get on / off pit road and hold onto your track position? If you are using that strategy, why would you continue allow yourself to lose time to the 2nd place car before pitting. I would be much more understanding had Jr. been increasing his lead when that caution came out, but he wasn't. His lead was shrinking.

Wouldn't it have made the most sense if you are using that strategy, to pit at the point there your lead over the second place car is the greatest, thus allowing you the best chance to get on / off pit road and hold onto your track position? If you are using that strategy, why would you continue allow yourself to lose time to the 2nd place car before pitting. I would be much more understanding had Jr. been increasing his lead when that caution came out, but he wasn't. His lead was shrinking.

Possibly stretching that tank of fuel so that they could be sure they'd make it to the end on one more tank later?

They were trying to WIN the race sometimes you have to Gamble, a top 5 for Junior at this point means nothing at all in regards to the Chase it's all about WINNING and the race Win bonus points for the chase.

So while 2nd or 15th may matter in FANTACY racing it means nothing to Junior/Eury at this point.

Go Hendrick!

They were trying to WIN the race sometimes you have to Gamble, a top 5 for Junior at this point means nothing at all in regards to the Chase it's all about WINNING and the race Win bonus points for the chase.

So while 2nd or 15th may matter in FANTACY racing it means nothing to Junior/Eury at this point.

Go Hendrick!

I could see your point, if Jr. were in 5th or 15th.

But, he was leading that race. In fact dominating.

An easy win, if not for T.E. jr. bonehead strategy.