• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

.410 barrel length

Brownie77

Are you looking at an add online or in the paper? Maybe it's just listed as .410. My dad had a TC Encore with the 45/410 barrel and we would just call it the "410" because that's all we shot. If you check out the barrel, the inside will have slight rifling. Someone else can chime in on the rifling of the barrel, but I believe that also helps with the legalities of using it as a .410...but don't quote me on that.

If you go to the TC Arms HSOforum they have the Encore and the Contender and they are both listed as 45/410.

Don't expect to get your limit of grouse with it, but it is a fun gun to shoot.

If it is sold as a short barrel you will need a permit to purchase (or catrry)a handgun and it will be considered as such. If you but with a full stock and in rifle format it will be sold as such, however I have heard of people buying them and needing the permit because of the ease of the switch.

you're going to need a pistol permit to purchase a conetender/encore anyway even in the 209x50. when it was originally released fellons were buying the muzzleloader, because thats all they could, but there is no control of buying barrels. made it too simple for them. now since there are also pistol barrels for it the reciever is considered a handgun reciever no matter what is mounted on it.

as for the 410, the TC's are great shooters, they take a little while to get used to, but make for a fun little trap gun. they are also a tackdriver when shooting the 45 colts though them. perform as any of the tc family does. unless it had been removed or specially ordered the 12, 14, 16" 410ga/.45 colt encores have a ribbed barrel from the factory, but the 6" barrel models have open sights on them, as more designed for the colts, but will still shoot the 410's.....

legal length though for:

-rifle/shotgun is greater than 18 inches. you'll rarelly see a modern 18.00" barrel, some aftermarkets for 10/22's is about all but very very few from a manufacturer.

-handgun 16 or less. you will however see 16.00" handgun barrels

another to look at for around the same price, is taurus makes a 5 shot 410 snubbie, revolver.

TC puts out custom barrels, and are useually pretty good on customer service, drop them an e-mail and check into it a bit, they already have 20ga shotguns on the encore platform, i couldnt see a pistol being much work for them to keep it reasonably priced