Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sportfish1850

Lake Wapogasset

7 posts in this topic

Got an invite to this lake for a weekend in Mid Sept. What kind of fishing does this lake have to offer ? Just wondering if its worth the cost of the extra gas money and the non resident license to haul my boat from Alexandria to fish out there or if I should just plan on watching football and enjoying the company.

It is a deep, clear, weedy bass/panfish style lake. The lake also had a fair population of muskies. The couple times I have fished for walleyes I have done really well. But it is a popular bass lake for good reason.

Was out last night with 3 of us in the boat, which maybe should have been called Noah's Ark. We boated 2 muskie, 2 northern, 2 walleye, 2 white bass, and about a dozen largemouth in about 4 hours. Muskie were both small (2 year olds) and so were the pike. Walleyes went 17.5" and 23". Most bass were small. I have no idea what constitutes a big white bass but ours looked decent sized.

This is a good lake. Bear Trap which is connected is also good. As those above stated it is a great multi species fishery. Mid Sept. all fish should be hitting good at that time. I am a crappie, walleye guy and have seldom been dissapointed here.

Thanks for the info guys.

I love to catch and release bass and I've never caught a muskie of any decent size so it sounds like fun.

Is there a slot limit on the walleyes ?

The state of Wisconsin has a statewide 15 inch minum on walleyes. I don't believe Wapo has any other special regulations for walleyes.

The state of Wisconsin has a statewide 15 inch minum on walleyes. I don't believe Wapo has any other special regulations for walleyes.

It is still a 15" minimum, but it is in the ceded territory so it has a daily bag limit of 2. Otherwise the only other special reg that applies is the county-wide 40" minimum on muskies.