• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fellow mechanics

Maybe you guys can help me out. I have a 99 Taurus here with a code p0411....secondary AIS incorrect flow. This is a charity case...(college friend of my daughter) so no money of course. I disconnected and checked both diverter valves manually and applied vacuum and the seem to work fine. Both vacuum and pressure hoses look good. I also went as far as removing the pump and bench testing the pump motor which also runs fine. The only other components involved that I see are a vacuum switch (tough to get at) and a sensor on the pump mount. Anyone have any common finds on these or any other suggestions before I get too involved in this?

Is this a 3.0 Flex Fuel car? If so there is a pcm update that may take care of it. If it is just the 3.0 Vin U, then make sure there are no vacuum leaks, if you have a scan tool make sure the o2's arent reading lean before the pump kicks on, the front o2's are reading lean the pcm wont devert the air to the cats, to prevent an over lean condition. If the o2's look good, run the air pump and see if they go to lean after the pump is running.

As I said, I pulled the pump and bench tested it. It ran and sounded good. Do you know what the relay runs price-wise?

I sent you an email of the electrical circuit.