• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Could use some thoughts and help

I want to put a kids get-together together (huh crazy that freak anyone else out?). Anyway, here is the link to it Kids GTG

I could use any thoughts or advice from everyone. And if you can participate, would be even better. I haven't even got a date yet, but I'm thinkin' in Augest sometime.

I like someone's idea of pontoon but that could get kind of hairy with all those little excited lines in the water. Probably from shore or a pier would be the best though huh? My only advice is bring plenty of snacks and drinks!

That's what I'm thinking. I gotta find a lake to fish and I'm thinking August sometime. Fishing should pick up towards the end of the month but I don't want to get it too close to school. I really want to get them on boats instead of shore for those that don't have a chance to get out on boats. It can be exciting for them.

I've been a part of these before. Its pretty satisfying.

We went to French Park on Medicine Lake in Plymouth. Got everybody together in the A.M. and assigned them to boats.

(Let buddies fish together)

Fished for about 3 hours. Some kids want longer and some shorter, but that really is enough time.

Don't make a contest out of it. The bigger fish will bring out the stories anyway.

We grilled in the Park and handed out some prizes during the picnic. I remember there were some Super Soakers that went over well. eek

So there's some framework to think about. Oh, I'm sure you've already thought of this but make sure you have a good safety checklist including those important PFD's that fit.

You'll be considered the organizer and responsible party.

mad That dang legal that hangs on the end of things! wink

I'm in. where and when? How about Prior Lake, there's Sand Point Beach right next to the public launch. It's got good crappie and walleyes.....there's plenty of parking at the launch, even on Saturdays. I've got a few extra life jackets for the little ones, and even have a couple extra fishin rods. let me know.....