• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids Get Together

Sandmannd

Hey all,

This last winter polarsusd81 and I (mainly Tom) got a baby FM get together going. We had to change the date due to weather and I wasn't able to make the new date. I had heard it was a great success though. Would anyone be interested in getting out and getting the kids out fishing? We could work to get on a lake with a lot of pannies. Maybe we could find one with some good shore fishing so if there is a shortage of boats they can shore fish until we get them all out.

What does everyone think? I think it would be a blast to get out fishing with our kids together?

Don't tell my kids you are thinking of this, if I did not take them it would be April foolery every day. If you do come up with something I would be interested. I have 2 kids and a 2001 Crestliner sportfish 1750. I would love to take some kids fishin.

Sandman, one thing to think about. The ice fishing together was mostly succesful due to the fact that the kids could goof off on the ice and run around without constantly attending to lines. This helped them to make new friends and make fishing a little more exciting.

Tom and myself spent a significant amount of time running around baiting hooks, setting up lines, and untangling messes. I have never fished so hard in my life without actually fishing.

Also, never underestimate the power of prizes provided by our wonderful FM sponsors.

Yea Troy, I was thinking of all that. I think having a place where we could get out on boats but also fish from shore and have a picnic/playground area would be key. I think we would need both and have plenty of guys & gals on hand to help. It's just a thought so far and was kinda hoping Tom would want to help out as I know he is great at planning this.

I am afraid to take my little niece to any more of these things. She is going to start associating fishing with lots of people and prizes.

I took her out in my boat last week and she didn't even need to cast. Just dropped the line off of the side of the boat and instantly a six inch sunfish was at the other end. I don't know what I will say when it is a bad day of fishing instead of a good day of catching.

You guys need some pontoons!

Either look into renting one or two or see if some FM'r live on one of the lakes and would donate some time.

I can see where kids fishing on a pontoon would be more interactive that isolating them on their own boats.

Just another thought.

That is a great thought. Something I'm going to have to check in. My brother-in-law has one on Clear up by Forest, but there isn't much to the lake as way of park or anything. Hopefully some FM'rs will chime up with some cause that would be the best bet.

My idea on this is like any other FM get together but with our midgets along. I know Polarus, Blueroof, shackbask, bigwade along with myself have all talked about getting our kids out together and have some fun. Well, why not make it so we can all get to know each other and put the two things we love together, our family and fishing?

Would you really need a park? Couldn't you plan some activities like crochet, badminton, picnic, water pistol fights? Google Three Rivers Park district, many of the parks have lakes, fishing piers, launches activity centers and are right in the metro area.

Great idea. I also missed the winter FM kids get together due to work. I would love to have a summer FM kids get together. I like the shore fishing idea with multiple options on things to do to keep the kids from getting to bored. I would suggest Paradise Park on Chisago. It is a nice park with a playground, fishing pier, swim beach, picnic tables, grills, etc. Plenty to do and we should be able to catch decent numbers of fish. My $.02.