• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for some good amateur baseball

DonBo

If you like to watch younger guys, the Upper Midwest Classic Legion tournament is this weekend at 3 parks in New Ulm and Essig. Teams from Las Vegas, Sioux Falls, Rochester, Michigan, Nebraska and all over MN will be playing all weekend. This is Legion baseball at its best.

DD

I'm a little biased here as I live 1/2 mile from Jack Rohr Field in Miesville. But it is the nicest park I've ever been to or played at for an amature team. It's got a lot of seating, but still feels like a true townball game. Plus you will get to watch the defending class B champion Mudhens play the Red Wing Aces. There games are always great games that usually come down to the final innings. Plus the stands will be packed and noisy as they always are for these games.

We have a game in Arlington on Sunday the 6th vs. St. Peter at 6:00. It could be a good game or a bad one(we seem to have some of both) but it is a great park and atmosphere. There may be some other games in the area too so you could possibly hit two different parks and games the same day.

Arlington has one of the nicest ballparks in the state and a proud history in amateur baseball.

Well, we went to Meisville yesterday and had a great time. However, the Mudhens did not play like state champions and got beat by Red Wing 3-1. Will catch the Twins game tonight, then are going to Chaska tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and keep them coming. Looks like a graet weekend of baseball.

Harvey, I may need to check out Arlington soon. My dad played there as a kid. He grew up in Hamburg.

That would have been fun to see.

We did go to see Chaska last night. They won 5-3 over the Jordan Brewers. Couple of home runs in the game. NICE ballpark! Thanks for that suggestion Bassboy.

No problem! I was down there for the first half the game and then i decided to leave with a few friends. Sounds like it was a fun game until the end. Its definitely the nicest park in my eyes but then again i have played down there almost everyday in the spring and summer for the last two years!