• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Livewell Pump?

Fishin4aLivin

Question

Hey guys just wondering if someone can help me out. I have a 1700 Lund Fisherman and my livewell pump has gone out. This is the first time and I am not the handiest when it comes to fixing things but at the same time I would like to figure some of this stuff out. Can anyone explain to me how to replace the pump? Any assistance would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Process is very similar to a bilge pump, depending on how your pumps are mounted. See here for some info to get you started.

Your livewell pump may be a thru-transom style, in that case there would be a large plastic nut on the outside of the transom holding the pump in place (nut might be covered by a debris screen of some sort). When you replace this style you should use silicon or similar to seal the mounting to keep it waterproof. Hope this helps.

Be sure to check the impeller on the pump for weeds, Sometimes the pump is fine but the impeller is clogged. You should be able to take it apart with out having to removal it.

I have a Lund 1700 ProSport. The livewell pump has stopped working twice. Off the water, reach down in the access. twist off the pump cover and spin the impeller, no weeds or debris were found. Pump cover back on, power back on and the pump works fine.

First time out this season was the same thing.

May not need to replace the pump just yet.

Good Luck!