Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ChompChomp_YANK

Forest lake carp

Went out this afternoon from 1:30-4:30 The first spot I went to was spotty only a couple of singles. Then I went accross the lake and they were thick as flies on a road kill. Ended up with 17 on the rope I also had 4 more fish in the 30 lb. range tear off on me. I weighed the three biggest ones 36, 33.5, & 32 lbs. smallest fish was 17 lbs. I dont know if I can get out tomorrow but my buddy says we have to!! Well the fun is over now I have to go down to the farm and use the bobcat to dig a BIG hole.

Got out again today it wasnt as good as yesterday but still a good time. We ended up with 13 fish today biggest one was 25 lbs. we did have 2 in the 30 lb. class tear off on us they would pull my 18' alumacraft around like a 12' jon boat. They pull all the line out of the reel and all you can doo is hang on and hope they dont come off. We had a guy come out on his dock and ask if he could take some to smoke, we said how many do you want he replied I'll take 4. We gave him the 4 smallest ones we had witch were still 15-17 lbs. we tryed to give him some 20 pounders but he didnt want them. He laid them right on the dock. Later we came back to see him cleaning them, right on the dock!! what a mess!!. he was using a butchers bone saw !! I have to say it was pretty funny to say the least. I was going to take some pics. today but my digital camera batt. was dead go figure.

Those are hogs. Is there anywhere on Forest Lake that holds more carp than others (like one side of the lake or a certain bay)? If you don't want to answer that's OK, but I live in Chisago and have never been on Forest, but love tagging carp. Have a good one.

Do you know what the water temp is in the area? I've been checking Bald Eagle and haven't seen any action yet. The water temp was only 63 degrees on Wednesday out in the open part of the lake. I hope the north end gets going so some of the carp can be taken.

Both times that I went out the surface water temp was 68-70 deg. As far as area I just drop the trolling motor and cruse the shoreline in about 5' of water on the weed line you will see the males crusing looking for females, watch in the sand in shallower and if you see some sneek up on them and give them a wack!! I think they are about done on forest lake they have been going off and on for about 2 weeks now with this weird spring. Thru the years 36 lbs is my biggest and my buddy who use to live on the lake shot one 38 lbs. it is unreal how much power they have

Thanks Chomp- we found them yesterday without a problem. Also saw a heck of a muskie in the sand shallows. My biggest carp came from Norway Lake in Kandiyohi county- at 48# it literally looked like a hog swimmin along the weedline. The funniest part of the story was I was in a canoe- wild ride. Thanks again and if you ever see a guy bowfishing from a white 21' Triton, stop and say hi. Good shootin!

My biggest carp came from Norway Lake in Kandiyohi county- at 48# it literally looked like a hog swimmin along the weedline.

There's some real hogs in Norway smile