• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to fish fox lake

Based on water clarity, or lack of I should say, I'd be looking at bucktails and spinnerbaits to make some noise and thump off some good vibration. Maybe some cranks with a nice wobble too.

Bring some topwaters, traditionally it's a little earlier in the year that you see the topwater pattern in swing, but on a shallower lake like that with clarity issues, it could be a good option, especially with the warmer weather this week. Look more at the slow creepers or inline lures that will help avoid the blow ups and misses.

Take a look at the post going about the nighttime fishing, same lures will be ones to look at on Fox.

Is there nice fish in fox? I havent made it to them parts yet. always wanted to though. Cjac, Have you been catchin any tigers this year? I havent had time to hit my favorite tiger holes yet because of the pure bred thing but i love those tigers.

I have only fished Fox once with out any luck. Threw shore lines for about four hours and trolled for about six hours without seeing a fish. The waters very green with the shore lines full of weeds so it's hard to get a bait close to shore. I hear there are big fish there, I think once a person spends some time they will find some nice fish on fox.

I fish Fox Lake a lot. I've caught some nice muskies out of there. Mostly in the fall, once the weeds along the shoreline start to die off. I'd start with some big bucktails with big blades. My biggest was caught on a Hellhound. Try all the shoreline by the power plant, especially the point and around the island. Also the shoreline straight across from the power plant can be good. As for colors, I've had good luck with red, orange, gold or white. I'm heading down there on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks for the input. After the few days for fishing let me know how you did. I'm heading up to Mille Lacs on Thursday to Tuesday to try my luck at some Smallies, Walleye, and if I'm lucky a pig muskie. Next time I'm down to Fox ill bring those colors along. Good Luck to all over the Fourth.