• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leaky Water shut off valve

DrJ

I just changed my whole house water filter and when I turned the water back on the valve is dripping.If I shut off the breaker to my well will I be able to drain the whole house and pressure tank ( I do have a drain valve) which should enable me to install a new washer .Any advice is appreciated. Thanks DrJ

if you turn off the breaker,just open the faucets until the tank depressurises. then you can do whatever you need to. There should be a drain valve on the holding tank but no need to do that,easier to let the water go down the drain.

dakotakid31 I tightend the packing nut and all is well. Thanks for your help. DrJ. (fishing minnesota is a great place for information)