• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cool pickup "extra" to add to tailgate

Just posting and FYI - I added a torsion spring like tailgate lift assist to my 98 k1500 tailgate last weekend. Took about 15 minutes to do, and only 2 holes needed to be drilled.

It now can be lifted or lowered with literally your pinky. I had been looking at this little "addition" online for awhile, cause nobody "needs" it, but it looked cool. I finally popped for it and am really glad I did.

I know some newer trucks have this built in (mine works better than my bro's 07 silverado tailgate assist), but for anybody that doesn't, especially if they have kids or wives who don't like the heavy tailgate, this is really a cool and cheap and easy to install gig. And no, I don't work for this company or sell them or anything smile I won't even give the full name here, but it is really neat.

That's all, if anybody else had been looking at them like I was, they are all the claim to be.

Cool! It's called the "Tailgate EasyLift", and online price was $30. Like I said, easy to install, though you do need two people to lift and turn the tailgate to get it put back on with the torsion. It's really basic in theory and application.

I am still amazed at how much "assist" it provides. I am sure it will weaken some with use, but still will work great. It says 80% letoff, but I know it has to be more than that.

Anyway, pretty cool little gadget for the truck, for relatively low price.