• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mojo Howie??

mattrd

So I was really pumped to throw my new Howie the other day and when i did all it did was roll. Is there anyway to tune these lures or am i retrieving it wrong?

Leader should not have anything to do with it.

If it is rolling, you are likely retrieving it too fast. This bait is designed to be reeled very slowly.

As for tuning, make sure the angle of the lip is pretty steep...like a Hawg Wobbler.

Besides that, I can't think of any other reason that it may roll.

If you try this and still have troubles you can always send it to me, and I will tune it for you...or replace it if I cant get it going.

A friend of mine has a Wabul that does the same thing. I tried mine side by side with his and on a couple different rods, while I could get it to roll less than him it would still roll. Mine works great, now to get something to put some teeth marks in it.

Luke,

Next time I'm out i'll try to slow it way down and see how it works. I might have just been working it to fast. First thing I threw for the season so my blood was probably just pumping to much and was just reeling to fast. I'll let you know how it turns out and hopefully show you a pic of the results :-)

Luke

If he doesn't want the Wabull that rolls, I'll take, the roll is awesome and I would much rather have one that doesn't look like everyone else's.

I have a Cady Wabull, and that one runs different then most I have seen, wouldn't trade it for the world.

I have yet to get out this year but definitely looking forward to seeing what that Thumper looks like.

RU

Luke,

Next time I'm out i'll try to slow it way down and see how it works. I might have just been working it to fast. First thing I threw for the season so my blood was probably just pumping to much and was just reeling to fast. I'll let you know how it turns out and hopefully show you a pic of the results :-)

Sounds good. Just get a hold of me if you have any more trouble with it.

Like I said, make sure that lip is at a very steep angle (basically 90 degrees to the body). That way the lip will move the most water, and at the right speed it should not roll at all.