• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The North Face - Aguila 23 & 33 tents

The_Lee

I am looking at ordering a North face Aguila 23 two person, three season tent or an Aguila 33 three person, three season tent. They look like very nice tents having the mesh ceilings make them look comfortable during the summer plus a view of the night sky is a bonus. Has anyone use one of these tents, if so, are they worth the $?

I've generally found that North Face is over priced. Too many people (myself included) have come to know North Face of Abercrombie of the outdoor gear world.

From my experiences? Generally North Face makes a quality product but they are over priced. When I have been looking for gear North Face has something worth looking at but another company makes a slightly better product for a far better price.

And I write all of this as I sit here wearing a pair of North Face shorts. (The only reason i bought them was a super clearance)

I know that North Face stuff is usually over prices, but this tent has the specific design, especially with the open mesh top half for better air flow during the summer. Plus its better being able to fall asleep getting a view of the stars. If you know of any other kind of tent with the same features that can sleep 2 - 3 people, I would love to know the name and brand.

There are alot of different 2 and 3 person, 3 season tents on the market today. Just depends what exactly you are wanting to which company you finally choose. Here's a link that I use when wanting to find the newest outdoor and remote camping equipment on the market. newest camping gear

What's nice is it gives also the price and places to buy from, also reviews on the product and gear.

Farmer

Another tent that has the feature (looking at the stars) is made by Quest. I believe it's called the starlight...might want to double check that (model)but great quality product none the less. I use to have that tent when I lived in Flagstaff, AZ. It's also a two person tent. Perfect for yourself, dog and backpack! Good luck on your search.

I ended up ordering a North Face Aguila 23 tent off of [YouNeedAuthorization] about a month ago and have had the opportunity to use it and I must say that this is by far the best tent I have ever owned. The pole system keeps the tent sturdy and strong in higher winds and offers plenty of extra space for storage. I plan on using this tent frequently next year on mountain biking trips and especially for trout fishing. Thank all of you for the suggestion, but after reviewing other tentas, I found this one to be the best choice for me. Next thing I am looking to purchase is a good option for a spring/fall weather sleeping bag that is easy to stow.

Good to hear that you enjoyed the purchase of your new tent.

I have a 20 year old North Face tent, 3 person full season tent that is still going strong after all these years. Treat it well and store it clean and dry and it will last you many camping season's to come.

Farmer