• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making my planer boards work again

Scoot

Question

I've got two Offshore side planer boards that I've got a problem with. The problem is that I've lost the two little bolts and capnuts that connect the front release to the little arm that sticks out of the side of the board. I figured I could just connect the front release with a split ring, but that didn't work- it just wouldn't run right like that (not sure why, but it wouldn't work). Obviously, I could go buy some little bolts and capnuts at a hardware store and make them work. However, there must be some easy way to attach the front release that doesn't require me to use these little parts, that I'll just lose again anway. Anyone tweak their planer boards in a way that lets them ditch the bolt and cap nut?

2 answers to this question

Small stainless bolts and stainless nylok nuts work well.

There is also an upgraded release you can buy from Offshore. You replace the metal bracket on the board with the new release. The new release works better, easier to use and grips the line better than the older clips. And no small bolts and cap nut to deal with.