• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shattered Windshield (middle)

8-Ball

Question

My boat windshield shattered tonight. I was tightening the screws on the plastic latches that hold that swinging middle windshield tight against the fixed part- but I guess I tightened it a bit too much. Can anyone recommend a good place I could get this repaired in the Metro? How much should I expect to $ ? Thanks...

16 answers to this question

Valv- The inside measurements (inside the frame) are "25 X 25"... If it helps, it is a Crestliner 1750 Sportfish. Let me know if you have something that could replace it. Thanks a lot! 8-Ball.

Thanks for update Dave. I called Crystal Pierz re: the middle windshield and they want $460.00 to replace it. That's not happening... Called a local glass co. and they gave me an estimate of $120.00. If I don't hear from Valv in a week or two I will go w/option #2.

8 ball - I had the very same thing happen to me and went to Rapid to check prices, about the same as you. Then they sent me to North Metro glass which is right next to them. They had me back in business in about 3 days for a 1/4 the price. Good guys there, small company.

Sorry guys, been out for a while. I didn't get your email 8-Ball

Does yours have a tan frame ? I have many of these, I'll check the measurements.

Valv- We are going on vacation for 10 days starrting this Wed. I may try to run over there b/4 we leave but not sure if I will have time-may have to wait until the week of the 23rd. Where is your place? You can send me an e-mail if you [email protected]. Thx!

Valv- I understand you are on the road alot and don't see posts often-we are out of town on vacation until 6/24. Maybe we can set up something that week? Thx, 8-Ball.