• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Curado and Citica Done?

Retro Active

Question

Is Shimano pulling the Curado and Citica for some reason? A quick glance at a few major retailers, and a few smaller ones, shows that the common varieties of these reels appear to be out of stock. It's odd to see something like that at Cabelas, especially. Other places have them on clearance.

Anyone know if they are being redesigned again, so soon?

7 answers to this question

I heard that they are makeing some changes, and makeing them smaller or lower profile. This is just what I heard, so we will see. I picked up a curado on sale this weekend because of the possible changes though.

Slippy- Its so there is a rush of chat at ICAST... The ICAST show and awards given can make or break a product and how its marketed. Companies spend major bucks just to market at ICAST... Shimano like many others will unviel quite a few new products at the show. Stores should have them shortly there after. FYI ICAST is July 16-18 in Vegas... So dont expect to see anything new till then.

Sounds like as good a reason as any to head to LV, not that I ever need an excuse. grin It has been a couple of years. I do like the 2 Citica's I picked up as my first baitcasters, I haven't had much trouble with them so far.