Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_King48

Roof Vents

4 posts in this topic

Are any better than others?? I currently have the ceiling down and noticed that there is only 3 vents.... I am thinking the turbine style... For the money they seem decent.

Steel vents are the best, besides a ridge vent.

Turbines very easily can leak.

This is a common problem in most houses that are older. Proper ventilation is key.

Just my opinion, (I'm no roofer) but I agree with Roofer, my dad has the turbine style, and they have been kind of a pain. I've been up on his roof more times to mess with them than I care to think about. Usually its because the bushing areas dry out and they squeak, or sometimes squeal steadily until you go up and lubricate them. This past summer we noticed it was not turning so I went up and found the support brackets for the shaft had cracked and broke so we had to replace the whole thing. When it was off you could clearly see that moisture had frequently been on top of the insulation. I think the concept of them is good, but the functionality isn't up to par. I'd go with stationary steel vents or ridge vents.

Yep, they always leak..... wink Sometimes it is a ventilation problem though.

Steel vents or a ridge vent. You don't want both.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I think it's called "Putting America to Work".    And it's a part time job on the same order as getting paid to applaud.     Looks like an easy job that would allow some time for fishing on the side.  Where do I sign up?
    • It's used in most enclosed trailers now but being uncovered would be my concern, treated won't react with the aluminum in a negative way ?
    • Nah...   You won't get an answer from the lefties on that one.   Nor will you get an answer as to why the lefty hate mongers break windows, burn cars, beat people, throw rocks and bottles at police all weekend long exercising their so called "right" to peaceful protest...   And the women's march ??     MC maddona..(who does not reside in America) takes the cake (pun intended) with three f' enhiemers and a threat to blow up the white house...   Frauds and Losers ....        
    • I was glad I had scratchers on thursday,,,, after 7 miles on the trail my skid looked show room clean ,,, put the scratchers down and all was good ,,,Trails are still rideable up here but showing some snert,,, Gonna switch to ice fishing till we get some snow cover again 
    • I thought it looked cool, the way it unfolds.   Run time indeed is an issue, and it would probably take slogging through them one by one to tell.
    • U have to keep telling us.......
    • duurrrr whats a heat exchanger I sold my trail sled and only have my f/c ice fishing sled now.   I was thinking about buying a new trail sled beginning of this year but glad I didn't I just don't have time for both ice fishing and sledding oh the hardships I have   I wish I lived in the mountains I think snowmobiling would win over fishing
    • Have the 8" k-drill. Bought it at the fishing show. Had it out about 8 different times and love it. No complaints. Very light weight, drill about 20-25 holes out each time. Only on Monday did I have to use a second battery, had about 21 inches of ice. I have two 5ah batteries for it.
  • Our Sponsors