Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nine-tiner

Busy, Busy, Busy....

7 posts in this topic

The Mrs. and I were on the wheelers Saturday out of Isle heading to Red Top. Couldn't believe all the wheelers out...it was great to see all the people, by far the busiest we have seen the trails. Also saw the CO's out checking people which was a first on the wheelers for me. Looked like everyone was having a great time, and following the rules as well. So were there any other FMers out Saturday?

I kind of figured Red Top would be busy so I opted for the other side of the pond at Pine Center. There were others out riding but not many. The trails were fairly dusty but probably not as bad as the Soo. I think I like the Red Top trails a little more though. How were the trails? Were they all open? I think I'm going to go there next time.

Yes things were a little dusty, but we expected that. We had also considered Pine Center but opted for RedTop. Only trail that was closed was "Foxxy Run" which was closed all last year from what I can remember. Trails were in good shape in general. Did run across the "new water hole" along the trail that several people were hanging around. Saw one person attempt to go across...was doing ok until he started to float. We had a good time, probably close to 3 hours riding, maybe a little more.

New water hole? Is that new this year or is it the old sinkhole that they put a gravel bottom in?

There were 12 of us that ran up to Spider Lake on Sunday. All of the campsites were full but only saw the same 25 wheelers all day. The trails weren't too dusty but the logging roads were tough. All of the water holes were dried up...now I can see why a couple of them always swallow up wheelers! We had a good day and put on about 42 miles.

he might be referring to the water hole over by the Sandhills trail (part of Redtop). I think that's what it's called. People have been in there for years, but we finally got some clarification last year whether or not this was part of the trail.

7mm You are correct that is the section of trail we were on, I was surprised there was that much water. So on the clarification...is it or isn't it? I assume it is because it isn't fenced off in any way.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• which models of striker bibs/ coat?
    • That little doe is a sweetheart. Reminds me why I gave up hunting. But I did it for more than six decades from MN to MT to AK and Canada. Before somebody jumps in with a snide  comment, I don't care if YOU do it but it is just not for me any more. Carry on. Nice pix....couple nice looking bucks.
    • I fish for monster bass too. But yeah, when one is the master of walleyes one tends to be an elitist... 
    • I agree; stay away from the extended warranty.  If my dealership (Village Chevrolet) won't honor the original warranty, what makes you think they will honor an extended warranty?  This problem was discovered well before my warranty ran out and they still treated me like an ugly sister...
    • Knock yourself out. IMO, pro basketball is a terrible sport.         -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------           Here's what they think of the Gophers in Iowa.....    
    • Wait till they lose the game.....  
    • You two must be elitist walleye guys. 
    • I can't say I'm much in agreement with Gary Johnson on this issue and I can admit it. I will say however that it makes more sense than the deal Pence struck with Carrier.   1. The carrier deal handed away state money while still being a net LOSS of jobs in that state. Johnson's program enticed new business into his state and resulted in a net GAIN of jobs and probably tourism dollars as well.  2. I think these types of deals should be handled as locally as possible. It's called representative government. Maybe it makes sense in the New Mexico deal that it be handled at the state level since it probably effects the state as a whole at least to some degree but I don't know. The Indiana deal should have been handled locally, especially if any of the tax cuts promised were property taxes. Those benefit communities at a more local level and the jobs saved benefit communities at a more local level. The state government possibly should not be handling these things but the Federal Government most assuredly should not be involved in these deals.  3. I'm pretty sure that the threat of interference with federal contracts had much more to do with the Carrier deal anyway so why did they give Carrier any tax breaks? I thought Trump was a tough guy and a strong armer? In the New Mexico deal, tax cuts are about the only leverage someone would have to bring that extra revenue and jobs into the state.   I'll say it again, I'm really not in favor of the government picking winners and losers. I do think the Pence deal is something that happens every day but the only difference is it happens at a local level and you don't have a blow hard President-elect taking credit for it normally. Time will tell whether it was a good deal or if the rest of the manufacturing community will hold the Government for ransom now like every professional sports franchise does these days.    Gary Johnson is in favor of replacing the current Tax code with a 'Fair Tax" system.
    • I think Purple means, our BullHeads!
  • Our Sponsors