• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Busy, Busy, Busy....

nine-tiner

The Mrs. and I were on the wheelers Saturday out of Isle heading to Red Top. Couldn't believe all the wheelers out...it was great to see all the people, by far the busiest we have seen the trails. Also saw the CO's out checking people which was a first on the wheelers for me. Looked like everyone was having a great time, and following the rules as well. So were there any other FMers out Saturday?

I kind of figured Red Top would be busy so I opted for the other side of the pond at Pine Center. There were others out riding but not many. The trails were fairly dusty but probably not as bad as the Soo. I think I like the Red Top trails a little more though. How were the trails? Were they all open? I think I'm going to go there next time.

Yes things were a little dusty, but we expected that. We had also considered Pine Center but opted for RedTop. Only trail that was closed was "Foxxy Run" which was closed all last year from what I can remember. Trails were in good shape in general. Did run across the "new water hole" along the trail that several people were hanging around. Saw one person attempt to go across...was doing ok until he started to float. We had a good time, probably close to 3 hours riding, maybe a little more.

There were 12 of us that ran up to Spider Lake on Sunday. All of the campsites were full but only saw the same 25 wheelers all day. The trails weren't too dusty but the logging roads were tough. All of the water holes were dried up...now I can see why a couple of them always swallow up wheelers! We had a good day and put on about 42 miles.

he might be referring to the water hole over by the Sandhills trail (part of Redtop). I think that's what it's called. People have been in there for years, but we finally got some clarification last year whether or not this was part of the trail.

7mm You are correct that is the section of trail we were on, I was surprised there was that much water. So on the clarification...is it or isn't it? I assume it is because it isn't fenced off in any way.