• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You'll find quite a few Meguiars fans here!

Check out this thread Favorite auto detailing products

I should add that I have been using the NXT since it first hit the shelves. Easy on and very easy off. I found that applying with an electric buffer (I have the cheapest of the cheapest) gives much better results than hand applying. I always remove by hand.

If you want the best check out Zaino bros.

It costs a bit and is a little more work, but after the initial "clean", it is the easiest and has a better shine than any new car. I used it on my black truck I had and got many compliments and people that knew cars, said they never seen a shine like it.

I have bought dry wax's, wet wax's, powder and paste, but the only thing that works in a timely fashion is Meguiars.

Any wax takes time to apply and do it right, no matter what the label says.

I will update Airjers thread on what I do.

if ease of application is what you are after you need to try the "clay bar" by meguiars. you wash the vehicle and then you spray a small spot at a time with the supplied quick detailer spray and then rub the clay bar across the surface. its pulls all the junk off the surface of the paint. after that you can wax. I just did that on my truck and it was an easy wipe on wipe off deal with the paint so smooth. Wash, clay bar and wax was only about an hours time and I wasnt tired.

The clay bar idea came from Zaino, I believe. It removes the rail dust and gets the fine grit out of the paint.

First wash with warm water and Dawn dish soap. That removes all the wax and contaminants under it. Then use the clay bar with a soapy water or pump sprayer, stretching the clay and using clean sides of it. Aftre that, rinse, dry, and then apply your polish. Polish is much easier and faster than wax. Wax melts off of your paint. Polish can be put on in direct sunlight.