• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seeking imput...

I have a general question regarding unwanted sunlight that appears in the form of glare in a photo. A good example of what I'm referring to can clearly be seen in this pic. The sun is screaming through the hay loft above, my intention were to capture the moment and I succeeded. However, at the time I wasn't aware that of the unwanted "glare" until after the pic's were downloaded.

So here's my question, "is there any software programs that has the abilty to remove the glare from this pic"? Another question, is such glare spots considered to be negative or deprading to the pic?

211_1151-1-1-1.jpg

I love this shot - but the glare over the doors is distracting - I have no clue how to fix it, but I'm looking forward to a tutorial from one of these regular guys!

PS, you have an email from me

For the record, Jackie was very kind to point out to me that I had misspelled the word "Sunburst". She was perfectly in line to do, in fact if the truth be told I appreciated the heads up on my blunder....thank you Jackie!

So here's another question for those in the know, Can such a misspelling blunder be corrected or if someone does screw up like this, does one have to live with it?

Stu, there are a number of ways you can correct sun flare. Looking at this one I would most likely use the rubber stamp tool and painstakingly begin to sample adjacent areas and start try and get the same color through out.

For instance in the door area you would start on the right side and slowly stamp out the flare until you get a larger area and just keep working away at it.

Honestly the best fix is to prevent the flare in the first place. You will encounter it when the sun is low in the sky and your lens hood is not going to help you much. I use my hand up in the air above the lens and move it around until I don't see the flair.

As long as you are aware of these situations it is fairly easy to prevent and it is much easier than stamping it out in post processing.

On the question about the spelling what program are you using for your processing? Hopefully you save your original and make a copy for processing. You then make another copy of the edited version and use that for posting. So if you have done that just pull up your edited photo and redo your frame.

Get a good polarizing filter, McTavish... you wear them on your eyes to cut glare, right coolwink ??? Bare glass on those expensive lenses is a bad idea, anyway... you're just asking for scratches. There's all kinds of good filters on hsolist right now... NIB whistle!!!