• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm in the same boat. Acute lead poisoning works good. I can't help to think that on RM (raccoon minnesota), there is a long running thread about what those loud pops and stinging rear ends are from as well. grin

Bandit wrote, "jeez, every time I climb the pole and get half way through my meal, I hear this pop and my butt hurts real bad"

Sorry about that, but I just had a Far Side cartoon bubble pop up

A simple change in the birdfeeder should do it. The tin or cone below it should keep them off of it. Not sure of you setup, but if its on a post the cone will work. If not, I would put it on a post. Or feed him until Oct. and drill him and sell his pelt. They are supposed to be worth something this year.

Rage broadhead or 22-250 or the nice way live traps and relocate. Live traps can be expensive. I have been using a new trap called the egg. It is dog proof and is easy to use. only about $15. Set the egg using a marshmallow, peanutbutter or what ever and caught him and kill him with a club or put hit in a trash can and can take where ever.

...How come when a coon eats some bird feed it needs to die, but when a deer eats the smae feed it is cool?

Many Minnesotans still have the mentality that deer are rare. It wasn't too long ago when deer were a very rare sighting in many parts of this state. They closed the deer season one year, I think 1976, could be wrong. With the large increase in deer population of recent years some people are starting to also see deer as varmits.

good point. also the coon were hit pretty hard by mange last year and there are not near as many as people think. I know coon can do some damage, but talk to some farmes where ther are lots of turkeys and see what criiter is more of a pain.