• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spider Lake ride 05/17/2008 Who's going ? Post if you plan to attend,

SomethingFishy*

I have to say Spider Lake looks like an awesome place to camp! Lots of trails, nice camp sites (that I saw). I wonder how bad the bugs are and how crowded it gets in the summer????

I don't think the crowds get much worse but the bugs on the other hand. I remember going up there with my dad and the horseflies just about carried us away.

Gotcha.

BTW, I'm glad I didn't have to use my winch up there. I pulled the cable out to clean it up yesterday. I went to reel it back in and no power!! Did some looking around and the cheap cheater clip I used for the power wire fell apart. Now I have it soldered and taped up nicely. smile

Also, did anyone else have rocks the size of small potatoes in their frame or skids? I had a few in my CV guards that I couldn't believe made the whole ride home! Must have been that water hole I hit along the trail that was filled with rocks. One rock was big enough, that it bounced me almost out of the water to go over it! haha

I would like to check spider lake out for a night ride, camping would be great.You would want to get there early as alot of sites fill up fast. Akeley would also be a good place to ride but camping options are lesser.