• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A truely automatic trolling motor, exist?

Moe Szyslak

Wondering if there is a trolling motor that will hold course at specific depths(i.e it will follow break lines)? It would recognize what depth you are at when you hit the button and it will steer to keep you at that depth. I thought I heard someone made one but I cant find them. eek

If not, mine will be the first grin

Do you have a link. I found this but i dont see anything in it.

Sonar

When it comes to sonar, your choice of fishfinder will impact your trolling motor decision. Not all trolling motors match up with all sonar units, and to further complicate the process, not all models are available with built-in transducers. Built-in transducers eliminate unsightly clamps that are a problem in heavy vegetation as well as cables running down the shaft of your motor.

"Motorguide motors can be matched with Pinpoint units. Pinpoint Imaging Displays are unique in that up to three units can be networked together on the same boat through an In-Sync cable, and without interference from each other.

Pinpoint is pretty slick when it works. Before motorguide bought them they worked most of the time, but seemed to have a software bug or something along those lines that would cause it to run off course. I don't have much experience with them now that motor guide bought them, but with the old ones when they worked they were pretty darn nice.

marine_man