• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to install boat decals???

Coach1310

Question

I finally got my new boat decals and want the process to go better then my registration numbers did(don't ask mad). Do any of you guys have any tricks that would help the process to keep from getting creases and such? I remember reading something a while back in another thread, but couldn't find it in the "Search" function. Thanks for any help.

6 answers to this question

best luck i have had with decals on any surface is to spray on a bunch of water or windex on to where you are going to apply the decal. then put the decal on and coat the top of that with windex. then use a credit card to smooth everything out and get the excess liquid out. when that is done let it dry for awhile. when everything is completely dry then pel the backing off of the decal. the windex should allow you to reposition the decal as much as you want before it dries.

couple of drops of dish soap in a spray bottle is all we used on large applications. The sign squeegee will work a lot better than a credit card. Most sign places will include a blue one with an order. I prefer either the gray or gold depending on what substrate I am apply the vinyl to.

The blue squeegee works great too. I detailed for auto body shops and applied ALOT of decals. The detergent and water is best. You can after squeezing the bubbles and creases out gently use a hair drier to speed the dry-ing process. When you pull the backing off, try to keep it parellel to the surface. And take your time..