• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hayward WI atv trails?

castmaster

Anyone have any experience riding up around Hayward? I've heard about a "Dead Horse Run" trail system, anyone know what its like?

Thinking of heading up midweek to do a little fishing, just wondering if its worth bringing the wheeler along.

The "dead horse run" Goes between Loretta and Clam Lake. It is a great trail but DO NOT travel it alone. There is absolutely nothing between clam lake and loretta. It is a 55 mile long stretch with no fuel stops, if you attempt bthis trail BRING EXTRA FUEL. This trail is extremely wet and muddy and will test you and your machine. We just rode it last week. We had a group of probably about 30 with a chase vehicle with a spare machine running the forest roads and meeting at certain connectors.

YOU WILL GET WET. Chest waders recommended.

Good advice Fishy on the chestwaders. Years ago I wore chest waders to Redtop for a ride and got quite a few looks from people. But guess who was the first to go into the cold water in the sink hole to pull people out. This was before they filled it in. smile

Good advice Fishy on the chestwaders. Years ago I wore chest waders to Redtop for a ride and got quite a few looks from people. But guess who was the first to go into the cold water in the sink hole to pull people out. This was before they filled it in. smile

Aww, the good ole days.......I look at video from then and it was totally different 6-7 years ago. I remember you helping alot of people(cough, cough hondas) through the sink hole.... smile

I have road the dead horse a couple times, there is a long stretch of cobblestone. The trail will give you and your machine a work out! If you have loose ball joints on your atv, you may want to replace them before riding there! Make it a full day round trip, you will be worn out!! I have never ran out of gas, but you wont want to stop and mess around to much at the play spots, or you will run out! It would be a good idea to have a trailer at the oppisite side of the trail , like Clam Lake, or have one mid trail incase of a break down. Have fun, the trail is better then most trails around here! Although, the Dead Horse isnt the best trail in the area!

I mean lots or rocks that stick up out of the ground about 2-6 inches pretty steady for about 10 miles, atleast it seems that much. Look around Birchwood area, get yourself a trail map for Sawyer and Washburn counties. There are several.