• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aluminum Boat Keel Protection Advice needed.

goose89

Question

Anyone got a simple, easy way to protect the keel (paint, mostly) on an aluminum boat. I've always beached my boat overnite on a nice, deep sand beach at the lake we camp on and get up early, hop in boat and go fishing. One of my favorite weeks of the year. But, I got a new boat last year, and don't really want to take paint off of keel like with last boat. Even more, I don't want to put the boat on and off the trailer every evening and morning.

Never seen a KeelGaurd on a aluminum boat, and my research suggests can't be done on my boat. (175 Alumacraft TP).

Any suggestions, tried and true, or in theory, appreciated.

Goose

2 answers to this question

Never done this myself, but I have heard about guys that put down a rubber mat or a rug / carpet scrap where they beach their boat ---- just big enough to keep the keel off the sand and rocks.