• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

In Line watering systems

Swill

Anyone using an inline water system for their garden or shrubs? I am looking at a few systems that you can purchase online, and they seem really good, but I worry that our cold winters will wreck the plastic pipes, watering heads, driplines, black tubing, etc.

I don't have experience with the online units, but have installed irrigation for 18 years. If you are able to put some air through the system and make sure the water is out before the freeze you should be fine in the winter.

setterguy is absoluety correct. We blow out lawn systems as side jobs from the golf course I work on. However, I would be really carefull about buying a system sight unseen. Go to the local expert, he'll put you onto the type of heads (pressure wise, coverage, nozzle GPM etc) pressure reducers for drip lines, gallon per minute miters and blow out connections. You might even talk to any of your local golf course guys. We help folks out all the time with stuff like this.