• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Topwalker

I'm hearing mixed opinions on the topwalkers made by Holcombe/Musky Buster. Some love em, others dislike them....from what I've heard its because they are on the light side.

The question then is has anyone done any modifications to add weight? Maybe pinching a rubber core on the bucktail shaft? I haven't fished them a lot but do like the action and sound from them. Thanks.

I've done mine - the bait casts rather well for it's weight out of the box. You can pinch on if you want, I added some 'bou and bigger hooks to mine, which also increased castability. It probably won't take as much weight as you think if you decide you need to modify it, you might not even need to.

Hiya -

I love 'em but they don't cast all that well off the rack. I just give 'em a haircut. Trim about 1/3 of the hair off and they'll cast a LOT better (I do this to a lot of spinnerbaits and bucktails too...) The marabou TopWalkers cast like a bullet...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

My favorite top water. Try the Mag Top Walker for a little extra weight to help with casting, bigger profile, better components, and a louder pop.

Aaron

Normally... when I get my Topwalkers and Magnum Topwalkers, I do the following: change the hooks out to a bigger hook, change out the shaft to .051 shaft, change the split rings, and add shrink tube to the end hook... so that it stays straight parallel with the shaft... this might add a bit of weight... I have no complaints with them otherwise...