• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Ultra Classic

Pherris

Question

I was wondering if anyone has used this unit and what your opinions are? I have an x 85 but am looking to add a unit for the bow and Gander has this unit on sale for $149.00. I do not need to run both units at the same time so this would be more for bottom reading than fish locating. Any info would be great. Thanks

3 answers to this question

If I remember right the ultra classic is the same unit as the x-65 or x-85, just different housing. A coworker has the unit and loves it, and by the way payed about 250.

Pherris, I have the Eagle Ultra Classic. It's a good unit but there are many better ones on the market today. It works great for reading depth and strucure but fails for identifying fish. It is very sensitive and marks every thing as fish (air bubbles, debri, ect.)even with the sensitivity turned down. Thats my only complaint about the unit. By the way I paid $220 for it at Gander Mountain four years ago so $150 is a good deal.

Good Luck, Jbug

[This message has been edited by Jitterbug (edited 07-13-2002).]

I have to agree with Jitterbug. It's a great unit that picks up everthing (but too much). It looks like the X85, but it sure doesn't read like my friends X85. It will do good at reading depth, but If that's all you need to do, there are less expensive units out there for that.