• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Daiwa ss1300 bail replacment

Question

The bail on my Daiwa ss1300 broke this past weekend and I'd like to get a replacement from a local shop instead of waiting for one to be sent. I've called Joe's and Shoreline Tackle but they don't carry parts. Anyone know of a place that would? (Tackleplus <- I can't find a number or address to call!)

5 answers to this question

The easiest way to find parts for a reel is to look on the company's HSOforum. You can print a schematic for your reel model , locate the coresponding part, and order it online for just a couple of bucks in most cases. It's worked great for me!

I have to say that Angler's Paradise was the place to go. They had a bail for the ss1300 and I was fishing that afternoon with my nephew. Wouldn't have been the case if I hadn't fixed the reel...

Good info on Daiwa's site as well. The exploded views of the reels are great if you're wondering just what the heck you should call that thing-a-ma-jigger that you just snapped in half...

Thanks for the pointers.

I just want to put in a plug for Diawa and say that I've had great success working with them directly, even with old parts. If you cannot find parts locally, you can get them directly from Diawa.