• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power Trim Problems

Creek Kid

Question

I have a 1993 Yamaha 60hp tiller. I've noticed that my trim slips down every now and then. Mostly when I first launch the boat. Not a real big concern kust kind of a nuisance. Is there a place to add hydraulic fluid? Or are the hydraulic pistons just old?

2 answers to this question

Yes theres a place to add oil and it is serviceable. If you have the original owners manual it should cover the fill procedures with recommended fluid types. A $30 service manual is well worth the price and will pay for itself over and over if you get into servicing your own outboard.

One thing to check would be the manual bypass valve on your power trim tilt (pretty slim chance this is the problem but worth checking).

On either the left or right hand side (I think it's left on your motor) there should be a slot cut into the mounting bracket toward the bottom of the mount (that mounts the motor to the transom) and in the slot there should be a large, flat screw head. Make sure that screw is tight. If you loosen that screw it allows the motor to be lifted / raised by hand when your trim and tilt stops working.

marine_man