Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterdog

Carb settings for a Jiffy model 30 ice auger

5 posts in this topic

Boy, it's been a long time since I rebuilt the carb. but if this is any help I think I set the air adjustment at 1 1/2 turns out and adjusted for the idle. also make sure your diafram (sp)?is ok.
also check with your small engine shops around town I'm sure they have info. that engine was used in other applications.

[This message has been edited by H20Dog (edited 12-17-2003).]

As a general rule I use for the air screws on any carb, I turn it out til it starts running not as good, and I turn them back in a full turn. It's worked for the carbs I've dealt with.

I am looking for documentation on how to set carbs for my Jiffy 30 ice auger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Realize this that you might get it set so it runs like a champ in your garage but once you get it under a load on the lake it will change it a bit. It is nice if there are two of you and one starts to drill and the other can adjust. After they run good it the shop it always seems like a little tweaking is necessary on the lake.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes@yahoo.com

1 1/2 turns out is the best starting point. Recomended by the manufacturer.