• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

daul fuel lanterns

92python

Question

I just purchased a coleman dual fuel lantern. looking for input on which fuel people perfer. the lantern works great with the coleman fuel, but wondering about running the alternative. this lantern has one single element, not one of the hanging elements but the longer one that fastens at the top and the bottom of the element sock. really impressed on how bright it is. only need one lantern in my 6x8 portable now.

tight lines.......

4 answers to this question

If you enjoy huffing paint and smelling markers, then by all means burn gasoline in it. We were forced to use my lantern for a few days last year in our permanant house and ran gas in it...I think the affects are still lingering. What was I talking about? Oh, yeah, we (or at least I was) feeling kinda funny for a couple days. One of my buddies felt really sick and slept through New Years Eve in his car because of it. The coleman gas burns much cleaner and is better for the lantern.

I just purchased a coleman dual fuel lantern. looking for input on which fuel people perfer. the lantern works great with the coleman fuel, but wondering about running the alternative. this lantern has one single element, not one of the hanging elements but the longer one that fastens at the top and the bottom of the element sock. really impressed on how bright it is. only need one lantern in my 6x8 portable now.

tight lines.......

You will be pleased with that lantern. They are extremely bright. You can run both fuels in them, but I try to stick with coleman fuel if I can. It burns cleaner than gas and the one gallon cans it comes in are easy to tote around. If I don't have coleman fuel around it is nice to be able to just throw some gas in it. Make sure to get extra mantels for it. I haven't looked around recently, but when I first got mine a few years ago the mantels were hard to find.

------------------
www.millelacsguideservice.com
Minnesota, the land of 10,000 fishing trips....

[This message has been edited by Adam Adler (edited 12-09-2003).]