• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane Cylinders

Seabass77

Question

11 answers to this question

You may be able to 2 to 3 days out a 5lb.er depending on how cold it is. They also make 10 or 11 lb. tanks also. The 10 lb . is as high as the 20 lb. and only half as big around. The 11 lb. is the same diameter as the 20 lb. and only half as high. The 5 lb. full weight is 15 lb. the 10 and 11 weigh about 25 lbs. full the 20 lb. weighs 39 lbs. full.

Good choice seabass77, I bought the 5lb. and wish that I would have bought the 11. With the 5 you pay just about as much to get filled and when the bottom of it gets iced up it can tip over really easy. I am now trying to decide if I should go with dual 40lb on my permanent this year beings I have to get the new valve put into my 20lbs if I want to use them. MMMM I would save money on refills with 40's but they do cost like 60 a piece.

FYI, I just bought 100# of propane yesterday at 53.00 from cenex, the bottle, you return when done, no deposit that Im aware of, I dont think it would be worth owning a larger than 20# with the 100s available, they also arent too appealing to thiefs, yea, I know they are heavier,

Hey guys, there is such an animal as a 60#.
It weighs about 40-50 pounds empty as compared to your average 100# which is 80 plus pounds empty. Now add fuel and them tanks really put on the weight. I found a couple of 60's at an auction awhile back and
really appreciate the ease in handling.
I have also at times seen 60's at Menards.