• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any shooting ranges still open?

Big_D

Question

I went out shooting with my uncle last weekend and i really like one of his guns and i wanted to go buy one but i dont know if it would be worth it for deer hunting this year because i cant sight it in. So i was wondering if there were any shooting ranges still open for rifles.

------------------
Big D

9 answers to this question

JohnO...do you shoot at F.L alot??? I go there a few times a week in the summer for a little trap shooting.. since we are neighbors was just wondering if ive seen yea..
DaveO

DaveO,
Probably not, used to be a member, several years ago, when I lived in St.Paul. Now that I've move closer, I'm no longer a member. Story of my life, can't fish close to the access either.

good, SAFE, hunting eveyone!!

JohnO, do you still shoot trap? I put up a pat trap with a set of outers on it..and am allways looking for people to shoot with here. It kinda goofs up your timeing if you allways practice by yourself. So let me know if yea want to come over and shoot...would help me out and its a whole lot cheaper than any gun club.

i still havent had time to call any of the ranges so i was wondering if anyone has. I just bought a new 270 WSM and its only bore sighted. Is that accurate enough to hit a deer if i cant get out to a shooting range? one more question for you guys how much more kick does the 270 WSM than the regular 270?

------------------
Big D

Big D,

I recently purchased a 270WSM as well... and no, the boresighting will not be good enough to go deer hunting with... my rifle was boresighted as well, but when I sighted it in it was about 2" low and 3" to the right...

As far as kick goes... I woould venture a guess that it's the same or a little more than a standard .270... but the difference isn't large.

Enjoy your new rifle.. I enjoy mine!

marine_man