• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance 350A

luckystiff

Question

Help,
This is the second time my 350A has wiped out my GPS coordinates. Has anyone else experienced this with there's???????? I spoke with a service rep at Lowrance and they told me it shouldn't happen. The 200 waypoints can only be deleted one at a time. Let me know if you've experienced this same problem and what you did to fix it. Maybe it's time for a new graph and GPS??????

10 answers to this question

I had the same problem happen to me a couple of years ago. I sent it in and they replaced the whole unit.

Update!!!

Lowrance no longer works on that model. They will give you a break on a similar unit.

I e-mailed them about a friends unit not turning off, and that was the reply I got back.

my lms-350a went out last fall and called and they will let you up grade to the newest model for about 1/2 the cost of a new one . . so i would give them a call all they ask is that you send them the old unit first then they will send out the new one.. it took me about week and a half to get my new unit back.. goodluck

lucky,
when i upgraded it cost me 249 and am very happy with the up grade since they told me it would cost 50 to look at it and 249 to fix it..and who knows if i would of fixed it that it wouldnt go out again.. the lms 350a seems to of been a unit with alot of problems .. my buddy just upgraded his too.. if you want to upgrade to gps also it might cost you alittle more but it wont be full price..give lowarnce a call they will tell you... they seem to stand behind there products very good. hope this helps

Tom, what was the unit you upgraded to?? I have a 350 and had recieved a letter from lowrance the last time in for service that offered a "trade in deal" but it was for a limited time, on the x15,16. wondering what you paid the 249 for??
btw,htis unit has been great, the only problem Ive had wth the 350 is the screen cover flaking, I found out after sending it for repair that maguires 17 will fix it with some buffing.

Mineman & Tom,
I just got off the phone with Lowrance they told me that my memory board is bad and they'd upgrade me with the same technology that I have for $799.00. I'd have to pay to rewire the entire unit, transducer and GPS.
Since I paid $899.00 for the original LMS 350A, I think that it's a rip off.
How many others do you know have had this problem????? I know of at least 4.
They call it customer service, I'm thinking more like class action. Who's to say in 3 years we'll be in the same position again.
I'd appreciate your thoughts!

thanks for the info Lucky, did they give you a total of what your unit is worth? or what price the replacement unit retailed for? Id be interested in what they told you (if they did). Im planning on calling them myself about an upgrade, and it would be good to know anothers experiance for comparison. I dont have the gps mod included in the trade.
Thanks

Minneman,
They quoted me for the LCX-15 MT $ 499.00 without GPS and $ 799.00 with it. I can purchase the entire unit at a retail store in Walker, MN on line for $ 1099.00 or just the depth finder for $ 699.00.
Don't forget that you have to completely rewire your entire unit also.
So in 3 short years, I'd have $ 1698.00 into this mess.
I'm thinking the X-87 or X-97 and going to a hand held GPS. If there Customer Service continues to stink, I'll switch to another brand.
Lowrance has a big problem and they know it.
It's just how do you make it go away.....
Makes me wish I still had my little green box.
I feel more stiff than lucky today....