• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Luck this past full moon? any reports.

fishdog

Did anybody else fish th past Fullmoon? The weather sucked down in southern Mm. raining and windy, with so much fog and clouds I didnt see the moon once. But I did catch (and released with photos) My biggest Walleye. She was between 27" and 28" my scale wouldnt give a steady reading showing her to be between 7 lbs and 8.5lbs. Hopefully I can post a photo. Any other Reports? Maybe it will be all "treats" this halloween weekend grin.gif

Thanks,

Fishdog..

Bark at the moon wink.gifwink.gif

Fishdog,I was out weds nite fishing on a local west central mn lake riggin large suckers and having good luck after 7 pm awful dark overcast couldn't see the moon but the fish didn't care als0 released a 31'' eye caught on a 9" sucker so nows the time to fish this fall probably the best time between now and frezzeup good luck! jon

Hey cranker,

I wish I would have went out last Wed. I stayed home Wed & Thurs thinking it was too dark...sounds like that was a mistake eh??

Maybe I'll see you out some night this fall. What kind of boat do you have??

I also fished around the full Moon period this week, but from shore, and only for one hour each time, just after dusk, as time is very limited, and my schedule does not allow me to take the boat out during weekdays.

None the less, I did hook onto a WA, nothing spectacular. Perhaps a few pounds, but the highlight were two trout, a 26 and a 21. Unexpected "guests", I suppose. But this is the time of year when they are shallow, in search of a suitable spawning ground.

Tommorrow I will be fishing from boat, I've had it with the trout.. grin.gif

Reports out of central NY are heating up, Oneida's east shore has been great 5 out of the last 6 outings I have tallied my limit as well but on ripping husky jerks, largest was a 26", a 23 a couple 22's and most between 17 and 20". The wind was rough yesterday so I only picked up one. Took the night off tonight and back at tomorrow.

Yes we had some great luck over the full moon this last weekend. Caught close to 40 fish. Majority of them were 19-24. I finally broke my previous record. Landed a 31.5" on Friday night. We fished later in the night with better success. The moon was not out by the sky brightned up very well. Man did we get wet but it was all worth it. In the next couple days I will post the picture of the champion fish.