• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HOW DO I GET THOSE BEARING BUDDIES OFF???!!!

Question

I cannot seem to get those @#% D*#N ><<<>>?><> !@#$$@ Stupid A@@ Bearing buddeis off and Im about ready to take a 3pound ball-peen hammer to them.
Ami just missing a simple step, please let me know

I really need to do the bearings soon.

shawn

8 answers to this question

Well how I do it is with a small dead blow (plastic) hammer. With the tire and wheel off the trailer tap it while you spin the hub you can use a regular hammer but it will leave little dents. Tap on the bearing buddy as far out as possible and just keep spinning...hope this helps.

------------------
Wishing I was Fishing

I use a chisel to start the buddy off (between the buddy and the hub), then take a round punch, lay it on its side, tap on the opening created by the chisel, off it comes, no problem. good luck.

There are 2 kinds of bearing buddies one is a press fit and the other is actually threaded. This is only with the Bearing Buddie brand and are rather uncommon but possible.

all you need is a big pair of channel lock pliers grab outside edge of the bearing buddy and rock it back and fourth it will pop right off worked in a garage works every time hope this helps

I didn't have a dead-blow hammer the first few times I did mine so I used a regular hammer and a small piece of 2x4. The 2x4 deadened the blow and didn't cause any dents. The key is to go around it tapping gently so you work it out slowly. If you work it out to fast you might flair the end of the hub and the bearing buddy may fall off while traveling. I use the same piece of 2x4 to put the bearing buddy back on evenly.