• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ontario recommendations

Looking for places to go on a budget for fishing with my brothers and nephews next year. I really enjoy Walleye fishing,but SM bass, pike and muskie fishing are appreciated as well. Any recommendations would be great! Thanks

Rainman

Depends what your looking for...Vermilion Bay lodge offers Housekeeping ( you make your own meals) cabins at extremely reasonable rates, we paid $435 U.S. each for two in our own cabin with 16ft. Alumarine boat and 20hp Honda, with all gas included and fish cleaning included for a week. Gord and Susanne Bastable run a top notch place, very clean. A few more people makes the per person price go down. This is on Eagle Lake, huge water to explore and good fishing. The best value I have seen but I'm sure there are others. Fellahs, help this guy out!!

Rainman, I have been fishing Canada for over 12 years, almost always hopping to new places. Though Eagle Lake has descent fishing, it is a huge Lake that can be difficult to fish if you do not know the water. You would be much better off going to a smaller lake further off the road with less fishing pressure then Eagle Lake. I would suggest any of the resorts on the "Red Lake Highway", I stayed at Golden Arrow Camp this June which has access to 18 different lakes, all with very little pressure and offer all species to choose from. Pricewise..it was 365 per person, includes boat gas and motor. Wildlife everywhere, a great vacation

Thanks for the replies, I have not gone up to canada for about 7 yrs now. Used to fish Perrault lake. Went there for about 7 yrs straight! Looking into a lake by the name of Thaddeus, looks like a nice lake. Know anything about it?

I know exactly where that is. I just fished the lake right next to it , Ord Lake, a few weeks back. I guess normally they are connected but this year you have to portage because the water is low. My guess is you would pound the fish there. we caught a ton of walleyes/northerns in Ord, and I guess there are Muskies in there too. I'm sure Thaddeus is the same

Fished a lake two years ago called Florence lake just north of Perault Lake. Relative small lake very good fishing. Only one resort on the lake so very low fishing pressure. Reasonable prices if I remeber the resort name is like Sunrise or sunshine something like that with sun in it. The resort owners are great. Caught the biggest pike of my life 48 inches on this lake and also caught a lot of walleye and jumbo perch. This might be worth your while to check into this lake due to the lake being small and the fishing is outstanding