• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano Scorpion 1000???

Double

Question

I am in the market for 2 new baitcasters. I fish mostly soft plastics and jigs. I will be putting new reels on a 6'6" MH Falcon Low Rider (mostly for jigs) and a 7' MH Gapen (worm rod). I am considering the Shimano Scorpion 1000. Any feedback on these reels or other good suggestions for my applications would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Double

2 answers to this question

I know the scorpion's are the Japanese version of the Curado. And the Curado is the standard Bread and Butter bass reel from Shimano. They should be great reels.

I have a scorpion 1000, outstanding reel! I can throw 1/8 oz jigs , weightless worms no problem. The brake system is outstanding. It rivals the chronarch super free in smoothness at $100 less. I added a curado super free to my line up this year to get a reel with a little more line capacity. I would say you cant go wrong with either reel. I would say though that the scorpion is more for lighter lures,I dont use it for pitching bigger (1/2 oz +) jigs and lures ,it is also a great reel for throwing tiny crankbaits like the stike king 1xs. I use a curado for the heavy stuff. Good luck Dan

[This message has been edited by basser (edited 04-09-2003).]