• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Optics

radke22

Question

3 answers to this question

Nikon makes some amazing glasses for the buck. Yeah, there is Ziess, Swarovski and Stiener, but dollar for dollar, those Nikon Sporters are great all around optics.

More importantly, what do you want to do with your optics? That helps to narrow your field some.

Radke22
I upgraded my binoculars last summer for a trip to Alaska.The binoculars i purchased were the Bushnell legend series 10x42,they were around $300. I would recommend them highly for the money,They are far better that the low dollar ones and just as good as the high dollar swarovski's (these are supposedly the top of the line).I was told by the salesman (who has both the legends and the swarovski's) that he would opt for the legends next time.I compared both outside the shop and agreed that optically there was no difference in the two.In alaska i borrowed mine to people several times and always got praise on the quality of them.
But the best thing is to take the ones you like outside as i did and compare cuz the real difference is in optics(less eye strain, clearer vision,water proof,no fog and etc.)
Good luck with what ever you decide!

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

Nikon Monarchs. I have a friend that had a pair of 8X32 and at over 300 yards we could count the points on the top of a bucks head. I think they were in the 399 range I don't remeber for sure. Otherwise Leoupold's are very cool.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWALLEYES