• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

115 Suzuki Oil, Filter, and Lube

huntnfish

I am new to the 4 stroke world and need to change the fluids in my 05 Suzuki 115 four stroke. What does everyone use for oil, filter, and lube? I was planning on using Mobil 1 or Amsoil 10-40 for the engine oil and the Lucas 90w gear oil for the lower unit. I don't know what filter to get. I know Fram has a filter that fits the motor. I run synthetic oil in my vehicles along with the filters designed for synthetic. I change my own oil and figure the peace of mind is worth the extra few bucks. Any opinions? 

I just run to my dealer and buy the Suzuki stuff. It's a little more pricey but I don't sweat the extra $5-$10 per year. It cost me $50 for 4L of oil and the filter. I did the lower unit in the fall so I don't remember the gear oil cost.

Mine is a 2009 DF90, so pretty similar. Make sure that when you grease all of the zerks to look in your manual. There is one that you won't see until you tilt your motor all the way up. There is also one below the shift linkage that you can't reach unless you take off the lower skirts on both sides. There's about 10-12 screws holding the skirt on both sides.

Also, be VERY careful when putting the skirt back on. I just did mine again last night and accidentally pinched an air hose near the bottom of the skirts. It cut the hose in half when I put the last screw in place!