• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What angle Vex Ducer for open water?

Grabs

Question

Hey guys, plan to by the trolling motor mount for the vex this summer. Just wondering what angle transducer I should consider. I think I would want the 19 degree, but should I be considering the 12?

What do you think about it?

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 03-12-2003).]

4 answers to this question

I would go with the 19 degree. Or, better yet, get the dual 9/19. Depends on how you plan on fishing it. I'm going with the dual, reason being that the waters I fish typicaly have pretty sharp breaks. Being able to switch to the narrow angle will remove the "deadspot" a little bit better.

------------------
-FNC

"If I had a job... I'd quit it."

Grabs, if I rememver right, you fish Milly most of the time. Is it for rigging or jigging. Not many people jig Milly in the open water season. If it is for rigging I would think that the 12 degree or something smaller than the 19 would be better. Maybe the 19 though if you spend more time drifting the tops, trolling in no man's land or if you are planning on jigging?

Actually I don't own a boat, I will be fishing in Groloe's boat this summer for the LETS series, and since I have a FL-18, we might as well us it right.

Most of these events it will be used for jigging.

I like the 9/19 for overall use, but if the budget is tight the 19 will work in most sittuations. I use the 19 for open water jigging because if it's windy i can swing some and still pick up a #3 rap in 30'.
another thought is how long the 9/19 has been out, it hasn't been run thru the punishment enuff yet for me to suggest spending that kind of money. As far as functions it sound solid. take a gamble, or use what you know. good luck
C&R~~~~>')))))><