Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  1. Papa Bear

Papa Bear

• I too am planning on rigging a Helix for the ice.  I have both an older generation 5 and and a gen 2 Helix 7 chirp.  So I would like to know if the gen 2 7 would be that much more advanced for using on the ice than the first gen 5 or would the 5 do the same job for me?  I am also trying to decide if I should but a carrier for it or make something.
    •  thinkin this over i post an ocassional pic of smoked, fried, or pickled fish and the TIP line gets posted..................... not posting no more pics!!!!!!!!!
    • Not sure if this will help...... https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/7/16171262/nfl-without-cable-tv-cord-cutting-streaming-online-how-to-watch
    •  We might have gotten enough cold before snow to freeze the bogs too.
    •    Used to be you had to plug in your car or you weren't going anywhere.  Frost plug heaters vary from 400-1000 watts or think of 4-10 100 watt incandescent light bulbs left on 24-7.  I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.    Its money wasted and using resources we should be cutting back on. As far as damaging anything, you'll burn out the heater sooner and are a pain to replace.   Can't prove it but I think your creating an environment internally and externally for condensation to the engine.  There is a benefit to the engine having been warmed but frost plug heaters really aren't intended to be plugged in 24-7, a couple hours is all you need.   Its not likely your going to wake up 2 hours early and go outside to plug in the car when its -30.   If you had a set schedule you could put the heater on a timer to turn on an hour or two and use the remote start 5 minutes before you leave.   Otherwise plug it in at night before you go to bed.
    • Does anyone have any good tips on streaming both ESPN and NFL Network? I can get ESPN on Hulu Live ($44/mo) but it doesn't look like they have NFLN. On Sling, ESPN is on Orange but NFLN is on Blue so I would need to get both which would be $40/mo. On Playstation Vue I can get both with their Core plan ($45/mo). Although I haven't tried, I'm guessing that I can't get this through our Xboxes, which is what we use on 3 of our TV's, so if I went this route I would need to buy some additional Roku's (what we use on our other TV's). Directv Now (their no satellite streaming service) ($35/mo) has ESPN but doesn't appear to have NFLN.  
    • No doubt, it rarely works out like Staal. Koivu was extended for a little too much but he just has a great year and is still super valuable to this team. We just have no one to replace him, trading for a high end center is just about impossible without giving up way too much or taking a big risk on a player. Ideally he will be our 3rd line center as he ages so I'm not worried about him on the team, we just need Ek to step up at some point in the next year or three and become a 50 point center or better.

Lucky to get two points last night, we had no business getting the win but I will take anything we can get. 
    • I have been contemplating it but haven't yet. The cost has been holding me back. I currently have Hulu's no commercial plan for $11.99 and if I went live I would want the no commercials live plan which is $43.99. Then if you want more than 50 hours of DVR (and the ability to fast forward through commercials) it is an additional $14.99. More than 2 screens at a time is also an additional $14.99. (You can get both for $20/mo).  If you are not an existing customer you can try it for 7 days free. Unfortunately I can't since I am an existing customer (which led to a lively discussion with one of their customer service reps). 
    • By Christmas ,,,, We have snow cover and lake effect is helping the higher elevations along the north shore ,,, Trying to be a little optimistic to get the season started  
  • Our Sponsors