• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aldi and a Movie Review

This Aldi joint is wearing thin on me.  I had to run an errand and ended up driving by Aldi and went in to find something for dinner.  We hadn't had pork chops for a while and as I was looking I noticed a 1/2 price sticker was on the package.  About 3 pounds of pork chops for about $7 was a deal enough for me but at 1/2 price since they expired Dec 31 I bought two packs.  Figured thin cut chops could work in Labs kraut thing or whatever.  They were terrible and I'd say a scam.  The first pack had 6 "chops" the two on top you could see looked like normal bone in chops, the bottom four looked like smallish shoulder steaks full of fat.  I fed the normal ones to my wife and daughter and I ate the other, worst pork chop I've ever had it was about 1/2 fat throughout.

Movie- saw the Hateful Eight last night.  I'd say a good to very good movie and since it's Western style it makes it more interesting.  Some bizarre but pretty funny "slapstick" moments in it, plenty of blood, and Bruce Dern (the bad guy who killed the Duke in The Cowboys) is in it.  It's pushing three hours long but only a couple slow moments in it but I have a short attention span.  My wife liked it too.  Hollywood in general dislikes it which is reason enough to see it, I can't remember why but people are offended by something.

Kurt Russel is in it Del and he's been going on about the leftys dumb stance on guns so that balances it out.  If you didn't watch any movies due to political reasons you'd only have Focus on the Family productions available.

We have had great success with Aldis.......Ya want incredible chinese food try Trader Jos.......That place gets great quality everything....Cheap liquor also......As for the movie, Id love to see it but Tarantino is a rude piece of **** and I cant stand to look at him.....Hes a 2015 jane fonda in my eyes.

Too much violence at Aldi's and Kurt Russell eating bad pork chops? Geez it's hard to keep up with you guys! ;) :D

Have not made it to an Aldi's yet. One in Owatonna not far from the East Wind Chinese buffet. Plenty of meat in my own freezer usually although I am intrigued by the mention of cheap liquor at Trader Joe's. Can go across the border and buy duty free stuff only so often. I see a couple westerns flicks advertised on the tube lately. Wife hates westerns so will have to wait until they show up on TV.

49 minutes ago, leechlake said:

Kurt Russel is in it Del and he's been going on about the leftys dumb stance on guns so that balances it out.  If you didn't watch any movies due to political reasons you'd only have Focus on the Family productions available.

Only in a few cases does politics matter.  I won't watch Jane fonda.  Tarantino is too much into violence and gore for my taste. 

But, my previous post was speculation about the negative reviews. 

And to stay on topic :D I find Aldi stuff to be hit or miss.

Edited by delcecchi