• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tru-Trax????? Anyone else?

Richj

Hey all.....Wondering if anyone else here runs these? Ive had them on a 4 wheeler and now on my ATC250sx. I know they are made in Isanti MN, and have been in contact with the company, but they will not respond to anything. Looking for any info on setting them up. They have been working great, just like to hear any input from other owners. Thanks Much!

001.JPG

I was way out on Mille Lacs a few years ago on my sled fishing some humps when a guy and his young son cam rolling up on his 6 wheel John Deer that had them on. He seemed to be getting around pretty well on it but I can see when there is a ton of snow or drifts to get through the front wheel may dig in a bit. You may want to look at rigging up a ski for the front when the snow gets deep. Also a 250 is not the biggest motor to be turning those tracks and hauling a lot of gear out there. Still looks cool and fun! :)

Thanks! I do have a flip down ski for the front. Ive really never needed it though....Been in some pretty deep snow with it. As for the size, the driveline sees the tracks as the same size as the tires......Its just a nice rolling road for them to ride on. Gearing stays exactly the same and I can still tap it out to 55mph.......I dont do that, but did once to see.Its cool cause its completely universal.....Same exact kit on our old 4 wheeler last year. All our family rides now are old Honda ATCs. No registration reqs and super lite to move around.....and we can fit 6 in our camper...LOL!

011.JPG

8 minutes ago, Richj said:

Made a nice auger rack that my hub straps to the top of......when our ice is ready I'll be ready..... Hoping to go tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Looks like you just about set. Where's the chair and heater?

I mounted the heater on the box after the pic..... And my pails are my chairs. I can throw a couple on top of the house also if needed. Bout the same setup I used a couple years ago but without the trax. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The deeper snow made it a bit tough a couple times too far off the main path..... That won't happen with the trax.