• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A good read

tacklejunkie

Indeed. The typical adult meal at McDonald's when it first opened was essentially what is the happy meal today. A single burger, small fries and 8 oz beverage. Today, the people at Culver's seem surprised if I ONLY want a single patty. : P

I've done weight watchers for the past year and like it because it has forced me to portion my food out. And after awhile, it becomes second nature. And not a chore or do I feel like I'm deprived. I eat a lot healthier so I can eat more. An 8 ounce lean sirloin steak with asparagus is about 8-9 of my 44 points for the day. That's a good tasting meal and now when I walk into Culver's and see the walleye or cod dinner or whatever fish it is and calculate that its nearly 60 points, I think, no wonder people are gaining so much weight.

Don't get me wrong. It's your choice to order the food but some restaurants pride themselves on huge portions and you see people complaining about not enough food for their money at others. Places like Applebees (just an example) are offering healthy alternatives. Which is nice to see. You can have both.

Right on. I like that attitude. It doesn't mean you can't have stuff like that. You just moderate. I'll now eat "A" cheeseburger off the grill at home and if my son asks for a second (he's 10), I'll ask "are you truly hungry" or do you just want to eat another? Cause Dad weighs about 3 times what you do and he's having one. : P