• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golden Retriever

We tried to take in a friends Golden Retriever, Sunny, as they lost their house and moved into an apartment. It has not worked out well though and we expressed this to them. Their solution is to have him put down this weekend without trying to find a different home for him.

He is 8-10 years old (I can find out the exact age if needed) and is neutered. He gets along with other dogs and cats. He does not like children and should go to a home without children unless they are high school age or older. We have 3 kids ages 9 to 13. He isn't aggressive towards them but will growl if they invade "his" space. He must be in a fenced yard or with someone that diligently uses a leash. If he gets loose he will run and not listen until he sees fit.

Medically he has an occasional issue with his hind legs. Every once in a while they will give out and he will act paralyzed. After a few minutes they will be back to normal. Also, if he over exerts himself like playing fetch for to long (which he will do for hours if you let him) he will limp for a while. .

Let me know if you have any questions or PM for contact info.

Most veterinarians won't put an animal down unless it has a medical reason to be put down. It would be considered unethical to do so. It was nice of you to try to give the pet a new home. I would contact one of the local humane society's in your area. I bet they will be able to find him a good home.